Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Smoke Detectors and Tasti D Lite

We had a low key MLK weekend. I was complaining to D that we didn't do anything "blog-worthy". D jokingly told me to post about him replacing four smoke detectors (yes 4!). So, here you go:
smoke detector
Too bad I don't have a picture of him actually installing it. This one in particular, in our bedroom, was difficult because the ceiling goes up higher than a normal ceiling. I heard some sounds of frustration, but it ended with success.

We tried out a new place called Tasti D Lite. Their claim is that it is not ice cream, and it is not yogurt. That leaves me to wonder what exactly it is.
Tasty D Lite
This picture reminds me that we need to cut n's hair. :)

002
We shared chocolate macaroon and mango yogurt (I guess they do serve yogurt also). The employee helping us was very enthusiastic/friendly, and directed us to a big sign and told us to look at all of their low calorie options. D was more interested in the sign so he could pick out one of the most high-calorie options (the yogurt)!

Have you noticed the trend of menus listing the calories next to all of the entrees? It is supposed to make everyone more health-conscious, right? Well, it has the opposite effect for D. Last week, D scanned the calorie counts on a restaurant menu just so he could pick out one of the more calorie-rich entrees. Oh, to be a runner!

The rest of the weekend was filled with going to the park, researching flooring options and watching television (football for D and Golden Globes for me).

No comments: