Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mil Jugos Con Mi Familia

On Saturday we went to Mil Jugos for an early lunch before going to the Discovery Science Museum that is pretty close by.  Ever since I discovered Mil Jugos during jury duty, I have wanted to go back with D and the kids.

021

We ordered a medium guanabana juice to share.  Unfortunately, the kids liked it so much they fought over it and a good 40% spilled onto the table.  Too bad it’s not like Disneyland where the cast members are supposed to get you a new ice cream cone if they see someone accidentally drop theirs.

022

Mil Jugos serves Venezuelan food, and we had three arepas and one cachapa.  Next time I think we’ll stick with the arepas, which are so good, especially with the green sauce (which is nut-free, I asked).  D commented it is like a tamale, but the masa is slightly crisp on the outside, which I like better.  Parking can be tough, but we were there before 11 a.m. on Saturday morning, so it was not bad.  I guess there is a public lot down the street as well.  I think they need to start a food truck—I am sure it would do well.

024

The waiting area has these fun hammocks which the kids enjoyed.

No comments: