Saturday, July 22, 2006

OC Fair

Today D and I were also able to check off another one our "Freedom Summer" activities--the OC Fair. My sister won two pairs of tickets so we met up with her and our bro-in-law in the afternoon.

Even though it was little cooler in Costa Mesa than in Irvine, it was still HOT and HUMID. Our Orange Juliuses were practically liquid in a couple of minutes!

First, we watched the crazy Peking acrobats. Their flexibility and balance are quite amazing.
Peking Acrobats

Then, we watched the Alaskan Racing Pigs (and received a coupon for free Ralph's bacon--how gross is that?)
Pig Racing

Next, we walked around the various barns to look at the animals. Here we are standing in front of the Maternity Barn, which I thought was quite appropo :)
Maternity Barn

Here is a funny sign that my sister told me to take a picture of:
Aromatherapy

D and I shared a gyro that was pretty good. Also, what is a fair without fried food? All four of us shared this plate of "Colossal Onion Rings" and we could barely finish it:
Colossal Onion Rings

We ended our day by walking around the arts and craft displays, laughed at some of the not-so-special collections of random things, and visited the agriculture displays.

Sunflowers
Wow, my stomach looks bigger than I thought!

I guess it doesn't measure up to the state fair (which D used to go to growing up in Sacto), but it was still fun!

1 comment:

Senator said...

Lauren, you look great! :) I'm so happy for you both. The State Fair in Sacramento was always special. :) haha