Monday, May 07, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Weekend

In order to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, we ate at Taco Rosa in Newport Beach. It made D's "top restaurant" list (after some re-tooling, which I am sure he will explain later). We had a pineapple agua fresca (free refills!), Arizona burrito (chicken, spinach, mushrooms), Mexico City enchiladas (chicken), and an amuse bouche (is that how you spell it?) of a mini vegetarian tostada, beef empanada and marinated veggies. k was on her best behavior. ;)

Then we went to Fashion Island. I found shoes at the Macy's Friends and Family sale (a salesperson was nice enough to give us the discount even though I lost my coupon) and D bought socks.

fashion island

fashion island 2

sittin' pretty
I think k has a good head shape for hats. She seems to like them, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her hat kind of reminds me of the Pillsbury Dough Boy! Very cute ;-)
Tiff

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Pillsbury Dough Boy! I had that thought, too, but couldn't remember the name. Don't you just want to poke that cute little tummy?