Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend

Things haven't gone exactly as planned so far, but we have still managed to enjoy the holiday weekend.

On Saturday, we went to Irvine Spectrum. First problem: we forgot the stroller, because D has been switching cars and *someone* didn't put it in the trunk. Second problem: my shoes were giving me blisters so I couldn't walk too much. Third problem: we were planning to drop off k at her Uncle's place and watch Shrek, but the tickets for the 4 p.m. showing cost $11!! I know we haven't been to the movies for a while, but I thought that was ridiculous. So, we just did a little shopping, scrapped the movie idea, dropped off k, and went to look at some model homes. (We're planning to see an a.m. showing of Shrek tomorrow for $5 at AMC). Then we ate dinner with my sister and brother-in-law at Mustard Cafe (the guys had "Pastrami OC" sandwiches, which they seemed to enjoy very much).

Spectrum
A stranger offered to take a family picture of us at the Spectrum when she saw I was going to take a picture of just D and k. I thought that was nice and it made me think that I should offer to do that for others more.

Today we were planning to go to Huntington Beach, but ended up at Seal Beach. k seemed to be getting a lot of attention wherever we went.
sand
Here is k with her feet in the sand for the first time.

beach
What are you guys looking at?

No comments: