Saturday, June 07, 2008

Good Times

On Friday, my mom, k and I took a walk to the park I used to play at near my parents' house. k is starting to like the swings now.
swingin'

Towards the end she started nodding off!
sleeping on swing

Today D took care of k from the early morning until 4 p.m. while I was at a womens' conference at church.

tomboy
This is what happens when D dresses k...she turns into a tomboy!

Afterward we had my parents watch k so D and I could have "date night". We went to Old Town Seal Beach and ate at Beachwood BBQ. D had the combo plate with ribs and brisket (beans and grilled corn on the cob on the side) and I had a pulled chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries on the side. Of course, we shared everything.
beachwood bbq
I liked the pretzel bun that my sandwich came on and the chicken was nice and smoky.

It was cool how each table had a set of sauces to play with.
sauces
D liked the "spicy" for the brisket and the "vinegar" for the ribs. We ended up finishing everything, but we were definitely satisfied at the end. Overall, it has a casual/stylish vibe...kind of reminded me of the Counter's ambience. I think D will be making room for this place on his List.

No comments: