Monday, September 22, 2008

Birthday Month

Our posting has become sporadic, mainly due to my lack of energy these days. That doesn't mean we don't have anything going on!

Last Tuesday my parents took k to the Long Beach Aquarium of the Pacific. It was "seniors day" so they got in free. Baba bought k a turtle stuffed animal, and now it is the only animal that k will allow in her crib at night.

September is birthday month in our household since both D and I have September birthdays. D turned 32 on Friday. We went to Red Robin to redeem his free hamburger (just sign up for their e-club!) I told the waitress it was D's birthday so D was serenaded with a birthday song and received a sundae and balloons. Somehow, having k with us made celebrating D's birthday at Red Robin acceptable.
Red Robin 2
Red Robin

Saturday we went to a pirate-themed party for a three-year old. When we arrived she was wearing a pirate shirt, but by the time the party actually started, she had changed into a princess shirt--haha.

That night we had a joint family birthday celebration for D and me with my family. D received a heart rate monitor watch that he was very excited about. I received some sewing/cooking supplies...now I just need to get the energy to use them! k was excited to be able to spend time with her aunts and uncle. I think she likes having "new", but familiar people to play with.

corn
k enjoyed her corn.

1 comment:

J+Di Di said...

D&L,

Happy Birthdays!!