Sunday, January 03, 2010

Zoomar's

D received two tickets to Zoomar's, a small petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano, so we went on Saturday. First we ate at El Campeon, a Yelp find.
El Campeon
D ordered three tacos and I shared a chicken burrito with k. We could've just shared two tacos and the burrito between all of us, since the servings were quite generous. We also had a watermelon agua fresca. The drink was kind of too sweet for me, but k enjoyed it. It was a very loud place, and I think we were the only non-hispanics, which I guess is a good sign, food-quality wise!
Next up, the zoo!
IMG_2777
IMG_2775
IMG_2778
IMG_2773
IMG_2766
IMG_2771
k's favorite, the bunnies. She didn't want to ride on the ponies--"Maybe when I'm 4." Also, this morning she asked why there weren't any giraffes at the zoo. Um, I guess we should've managed her expectations a little better before we went.

I liked walking around the nearby historic district afterward. I remember watching a Huell Howser show on the area. Someday D and I should try the Ramos House and the tea house. I guess we'll also have to see the swallows/mission too.
IMG_2780
IMG_2779
Cute little houses.

Can't believe our "winter break" is over! It was good to have so much family time together. Back to reality.

No comments: